eprime problems

Andrews, A.S. asa8 at leicester.ac.uk
Mon Jul 2 12:29:53 UTC 2001

Hi All

I'm very new to e-prime and need to put together a paradigm rapidly, so can
you please help?

I need a loop that runs at a fixed 20 seconds.
When the correct input is made, or 18 seconds have passed, it should jump to
a fixation for the balance of the 20 seconds
After 6 seconds an onscreen value should start decrementing at -2/sec
When a wrong key is pressed a message should overlay the centre of the
screen for 2 secs then be cleared, but further input still be allowed during
that 2 secs.

The problems I have specifically with my current attempt are:

How do I force the jump to the fixation after 18 secs or a valid input? I'm
using an ImageDisplay object with 1 sec duration (another is displayed 1 sec
later ) and 18secs timelimit.
The second display shows for 5 secs to bring me to my 6 seconds before
decrementing the counter. How do I then arrange the loop to decrement and
re-display every second, but
allow an input from the 1st display to abort the loop?

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Regards,

Tony Andrews
Computer Officer