Re:Starting E-Prime

philippe.pinel philippe.pinel at laposte.net
Wed Apr 3 13:17:20 UTC 2002

> Dear all,
> We'd be interested in starting an E-Prime script in
synchrony with an MR camera. Is there
> a way to trigger the exact start of a script with an
external pulse?

Dear Fredrik,
I am also in a lab of neuroimaging which is starting using E-
Prime. We are just beginner, but we project to trigger the
stimuli presentation on a PC from the MR camera pulse with the
parrallel port. We declared in object properties parralel port
as external device using 889 as decimal adress (&H379 in
hexadecimal. E-prime is able to received pulse from fMRI with
this port. Unfortunately, we don't still know how read the
state of each pin of the parralel port to detect if such a
pulse is not in fact a press of a button response, also
detected using parralel port. We will try with 'readport'
instruction, and perhaps using a loop to read continously the
pins value. If you find difficulty, don't hesitate to email
us. Perhaps will we solve some analogous problem in the
following days.

Philippe Pinel
INSERM U334,
Orsay, France