No subject

philippe.pinel philippe.pinel at laposte.net
Mon Apr 29 14:49:18 UTC 2002

Dear E-prime users,

I have a question concerning timing. When I run trials during
an experiment, I noticed that some large delays happened (in
about 2-3% of the trials). Such delays are about 700-900ms.
Consequently, some trials are excessively long, and the PC is
not ready to detect pulse from the fMRI scanner. I report here
the Duration-Error of a TextDisplay object, which is required
to present a black screen during 500 ms;

TextDisplay4.DurationError; 0 / 0 / 0 / 834 / 991 / 993 / 0 /
0 /….

I don’t know if the problem is due to E-prime, or Windows. I
think that E-prime works with an High-priority
mode...consequently, as it is written in E-prime manual, no
timing error more than 3ms could happen. If someone could help
me for this simple but crucial question...

Thank you,

Philippe Pinel
INSERM U562,
Orsay, France