computer crashes

Ben Robinson BRobinso at mprc.umaryland.edu
Mon Dec 9 20:56:30 UTC 2002

 First off, let me say, I'm not positive these crashes are due to e-prime, but they coincide with when I downloaded version 1.1.

I have been experiencing fairly frequent computer crashes ever since installing e-prime, version 1.1.4.1.

I believe the crashes always happen while e-prime is running, though not necessarily while I am working in e-prime (sometimes, it's just on in the background).  And the crashes have mainly been happening while I'm in the middle of editing a List Object in e-studio; never when I am actually running an experiment.

This is not a demo version, and I don't think I'm doing anything differently now that I have version 1.1 versus when I had version 1.0; nothing that should warrant a crash in any case...  Probably at least once a day my computer freezes to the point where even hitting ctrl-alt-delete, then ctrl-alt-delete a second time is not sufficient to make anything happen.  I am forced to hold down the main power button on the computer until it shuts down, then boot it up again from scratch.  And on a good day, I probably have to restart e-prime itself half a dozen to a dozen times.  I'm still running windows 98.

Has anyone else out there experienced similar problems?

Thanks for your time.

Ben Robinson
research asst.