Pausing experiments and sound stimuli question

Tony Zuccolotto anthony.zuccolotto at pstnet.com
Fri Feb 22 19:18:39 UTC 2002

Hi,

The other way to do this is to look in the E-Basic under
Get/SetUserBreakState.  This is built in functionality in E-Prime to set
a flag anytime the key sequence <Shift><Ctrl> is hit.   This is
different than the <Shift><Ctrl><Alt> sequence.   Using
GetUserBreakState you can determine if the sequence has been hit and use
InLine script to take action.   The flag will stay set until you
manually reset it using SetUserBreakState.   If trials are relatively
short then just having an InLine at the beginning of end of a trial that
checks for this and then puts up a TextDisplay that waits for a key from
you to resume should work fine.

Regards,
Tony

*** DISCLAIMER: VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN AND DO NOT NECESSARY REFLECT
THOSE OF MY EMPLOYER ***
Anthony P. Zuccolotto
Vice President of Operations
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.