alignment

Amy Eschman amy.eschman at pstnet.com
Mon Mar 18 14:53:45 UTC 2002

Dear Ben,

>From your posting, it sounds as if you are accepting string input and
echoing input to the screen.  The placement of the echo area can be set
using the Echo tab in the Advanced Properties for the Keyboard.  On the
Duration/Input tab of the object collecting input, click the Advanced
button, then select the Echo tab.  This will list the devices available
for echo.  Double click the Display device in the list to edit its
properties.  In the Display Echo Properties dialog, you can edit the X,
Y, Width and Height properties to set the size and location for the
echoing of the string input.

This is different from the Frame tab, which sets the properties for the
entire display area.  For example, if you set the Frame Height and Width
to 50%, set the X and Y properties to Left and Top respectively, and set
the XAlign and YAlign properties to center, your display (including the
echo area) would use the top left corner of your display as the anchor
position and center the entire display area on that position (i.e., you
would only see the bottom right part of the display).  So, if you have
the display set up as you like and you are only trying to position the
echo of the string input, you should use the Display Echo Properties
dialog as described above.

Amy Eschman
Manager, Technical Support
*** DISCLAIMER: VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN AND DO NOT NECESSARILY
REFLECT THOSE OF MY EMPLOYER ***
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
2050 Ardmore Boulevard