echo function help

Jonathan Pettibone der_kommissar_73 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 25 15:20:17 UTC 2002

Hello, I'm looking for help with the echo property of input collection.
specifically, I'm having participants make ratings of objects on a 1 to 9
scale, and I want to echo their rating back to them before moving on to the
next trial.  If I set input to take only one number, then echo displays nothing
on the screen and moves on to the next trial.  I tried inserting a wait
procedure after the display procedure, thinking that it was just updating the
screen too quickly after the trial, but no dice.  Then I tried setting the
input to take two characters, and having participants hit return to register
their judgment.  When I do this, echo will display the first number typed, but
not a second.  This also raises lots of problems because now participants can
hit return twice and never enter a judgment, or can hit a number twice and make
an impossible judgment.  Am I doing something wrong, or is echo not designed to
display a single character?

Thanks.

   Jonathan Pettibone

=====