MsgBox during Slide

tay tay at psych.purdue.edu
Wed Nov 20 03:25:03 UTC 2002

Hi there,

I am wondering if someone might be able to give me a few suggestions.
I have numerous slides, each of which contain a simple math problem set to echo the response. The slides are timed to stay on the screen for 10 seconds, at which time the next screen appears.  The user is to type in her or his response to the math problem and then wait for the following screen.

I would like to have a message box come up if an impatient user presses the ENTER key before the 10 seconds have elapsed. However, I also need to have it so that after the user presses the "OK" on the message box, the original math problem slide is still on the screen.
In other words, if the user presses the ENTER key at any time prior to the 10 seconds, a message box pops up, the user presses "OK", the math slide remains on the screen, and the time continues to count down the 10 seconds.

I hope I've made my question clear enough.
Any, and all, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tay Hack