delayed response logging

David Hairston dhair at wfubmc.edu
Wed Aug 13 19:24:26 UTC 2003

I would like to record responses to a slide that may be long gone by the time the response occurs... that is, the slide object duration time is only 240 ms, but the response duration has been set to 2000 ms.  This has to be done so that E-prime will keep moving to the next slide (which, by the way, sis just the same slide again after a blank screen, to create a flashing effect).  As it is, when the response occurs, even if it within the 2000 ms window specified, it is logged with the curent trial, which may be 1-3 trials past the one they were to respond to.
Just in case it helps, the paradigm is a flashing checkboard, and S's respond to/identify a red or blue square that appears within it at random times.  I have done this by simply having someof the slide-selected pictures have a red or blue suare in them.
I'm open to anysuggestions, or even a better way to do this if it will cure my problem...

Thanks,

Dave Hairston
Neurobiology and Anatomy
Wake Forest University School of Medicine