pixel positions

Mark G Orr morrct at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jun 12 01:54:34 UTC 2003

Ok, i think i found my answer (I posted this question).  I presented two
"H"'s in sequence, both of
the same font size.  The monitor pixel dimensions were set to 640X480.
The first "H" was centered, using a standard text display.  The second H
was presented via the following in-line object:

Dim letter as Canvas
Set Letter = Display.Canvas

letter.Fontsize = 12
letter.Text 320, 240, "H"

<END OF IN-LINE>

THE RESULT was that the top left corner of the second "H" was positioned
at the center of the first "H".  I conclude that when using pixel
coordinates in this way, the top left corner of the letter is referenced.

If this is wrong, or if anything else useful should be added, please let
me and the list know.

Thanks.