fiber optic response units for use with E-Prime

Tony Zuccolotto anthony.zuccolotto at pstnet.com
Wed Mar 19 14:10:11 UTC 2003

Hi All,

While I typically avoid and discourage posting any product related
announcements to this list, I am making an exception in this case as I
feel the information may be relevant to a number of users based on
queries and postings here over the past few months.

At the upcoming CNS conference in New York, PST will be announcing the
availability of a set of fiber optic response devices which integrate
tightly with E-Prime and are intended for use in fMRI research.   These
devices fit comfortably on the wrists of the subject, allow up to 10
unique response inputs to be identified (5 per hand), and use integrated
fiber optic switches (instead of wires and electric power).  Subject
PST Serial Response Box.  In E-Studio you can easily set the SRBOXDevice
to emulate the keyboard device as well if you choose, i.e. you just
design your experiment to work with a standard keyboard and the fiber
optic response device inputs will be recognized as well when the units
are in use.   The unit also includes an external connector that can be
used to echo response signals (TTL) to other external hardware/software
as needed.

PST will also be announcing the availability of a full size MR Simulator
that can be used to conduct patient orientation and training outside of
the MR scanner environment.   The MR Simulator includes a 60cm bore with
tapered entry, motorized patient table, lights, fans, a mock head coil,
realistic scanner noises generated from integrated speakers/subwoofer,
plus other optional features.

If anyone would like more information on these product announcements
please stop by the PST booth at CNS or feel free to e-mail me off line.

Thanks,

Tony

Anthony P. Zuccolotto

Vice President