Context Attributes in If..Then

Mark G Orr morrct at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri May 30 20:56:31 UTC 2003

Hello, I have been struggling with the following problem all day:

I have a text object, called "Collection", which logs a keyboard response.
For each trial, I want to change a global variable's value based on the
subjects respone.  I attempted the following test code to see if I could
use the Collection.RESP in an If..Then statement (the line numbers are
not in the real code):

<begin code>

1 Debug.Print Collection.RESP
2
3 If c.GetAttrib("Collection.RESP") = "j" Then
4	Debug.Print "J"
5   Else
6	Debug.Print "else"
7 End If

<end of code>

So, the debugger correctly prints Collection.RESP in line 1.  However,
when Colletion.RESP is = to j, the If..Then statement still jumps to line
5, thus debug printing "else".

My hunch is that using c.GetAttrib("Collection.RESP") = "j" on line 3 is
not the correct way to enter this info into the If..Then statement.

ANy ideas.

THanks.

Mark Orr