Losing ERP triggers with E-Prime

Tony Zuccolotto anthony.zuccolotto at pstnet.com
Mon Nov 17 14:10:11 UTC 2003

Richard,

This would seem to be a good way to do this, but I would suggest using
Clock.Read instead of Timer (e.g. Clock.Read uses E-Prime's real-time
clock, but Timer just uses the system clock and is mainly there for
backward compatibility of some early language features of VisualBasic).

In theory though you should also just be able to do
 	WritePort &H0378, 1
	Sleep 100
	WritePort &H0378, 0

(Sleep is also implemented internally using the real-time clock).

Is there any chance this is perhaps a problem with the configuration
mode of the parallel port in the BIOS?   What choices are listed for
parallel port modes in your BIOS and what is the current setting that
you are using?

Thanks,
Tony