Clock.Read or other timing method

Kenneth Rando kcrando at netscape.net
Wed Oct 29 15:09:18 UTC 2003

I need to create a 3000ms trial, in which the first part is a stimulus of fixed length 500ms. and the remainder of the trial is a 2500ms mask.  User input needs to be enabled for the entire 3000 ms or until a keyboard reponse has been made.  Sound feedback is given upon response, and then the mask must be redisplayed (no further input allowed) until the trial is over.

I have been able to accomplish my goal when the user inputs a valid response, but not when the user fails to input a valid response within 2500 ms.

I have accomplished the first goal using a Do Until...Loop.  I would like to incorporate the second terminating condition in that loop as well, but I can't figure out a method.

Page 91 of the e-Prime User's Guide refers to the Clock.Read method in E-Basic Online Help.  I can't find the specific reference, where I was hoping to find a code example on which I could build.

Does anybody have this example or a similar one?  Thanks much!

Ken Rando