Losing sound during paradigm

David Hairston dhair at wfubmc.edu
Tue Apr 20 14:54:08 UTC 2004

I am having an issue with "losing" my sound after ~25 trials in my paradigm, no clue why.  I am presenting very short (AKA 10 ms) sound clips 2 times w/ only ~33-66 ms between (2 screen refreshes...).  Anyhow, this problem dosn't occur on all machines (thus far, ONLY on the experimental PC, Ugh!), and, as mentioned, it will run the first several trials fine, then the sound just stops, no complaints... when it finishes running, I have sound in Windows (XP) as usual.
I am thinking it must be overfilling some buffer, but have no idea how to check/remedy this situation? Oh, and all the sounds are pre-relesead by 100 ms, and are only 8.bits per sample @22kHz, single channel.  Any suggestions as to what is going on?