Attribute value access

leisha leisha at decisionresearch.org
Wed Feb 18 21:45:27 UTC 2004

I am experiencing a type mismatch error from reading your message. First
you say that you have an attribute name in the BlockList, then you say
that it's a value that you wish to calculate. Are you talking about the
same variable? Your variable can be a string or a number. It's easier to
calculate numbers than strings. You have to use the correct syntax for
each one. To display a string on the screen, you have to get the
attribute and save it to a different name first, so I see a few ways
that you could be generating a type mismatch error.

I've had luck with invoking various conditions based on subject number,
although I've since been advised of a better way to do it through this
group. I've also had luck with nesting variables -- for example, in a
Verplanken-style experiment where polar adjectives (good/bad,
like/dislike) appear in random order and their position on the screen
(right or left) is random, also. The discussion beginning on page 44 of
the User's Guide Version 1 was especially helpful to me -- "Use of
nested lists passed from the block level."

Leisha Wharfield
Production Coordinator
Decision Research
Eugene, Oregon, USA