stim object names

Stephen D. Benning benn0224 at umn.edu
Thu Feb 26 17:16:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 10:54, Jordan Bigio wrote:
> Hey all,
> This may sound like a basic question, but Eprime seems very picky about
> this. We have an experiment in my lab that an undergrad is working on,
> where we have stims with different properties. Whether it's a slide object
> or soundout is kind of useless info.

Actually, from the way E-Prime thinks, whether it's a SoundOut or a
Slide is critical.  Basically, you can have only one object in any given
experiment with a given name, even if they're different types of
objects.  However, that object can occur in many different places (e.g.,
different procedures) in the experiment.  Therefore, if you're looking
for maximum flexibility, I'd suggest that you make a Slide as your
single stimulus object (and name it Stimulus), create a bunch of
different states for it, and use some inline code to manipulate
Stimulus.ActiveState to taste.  You can then drag that Stimulus object
and the attendant inline code to different procs as much as is necessary
to duplicate it.

--
Stephen Benning
Office: N631 Elliott Hall