Suspend/Resume disables SoundOuts

Larsen, Jeff jeff.larsen at ttu.edu
Thu Jun 3 16:21:12 UTC 2004

Dear Eprime users --

I've been using the very helpful code from SuspendResume.zip, which can
be downloaded from PST at
http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/samples.asp, to suspend Eprime,
present a Powerpoint show, then resume Eprime.

While putting together a new experiment, I've discovered that even
though SoundOuts work just fine before Eprime has been suspended, they
don't work after Eprime has resumed. The bug manifests in a couple
different ways.

If the wav's filename is supplied by an attribute reference, I get the
following error when the script reaches the SoundOut:
	Run-time Error (Line 300)
	18005: Cannot load sound file "filename.wav"
	Filename is not set

On the other hand, if I enter the wav's filename directly into the
SoundOut's filename field, I don't get an error message and the EDAT
file confirms that Eprime executed the SoundOut's script, but I don't
get a sound.

Has anyone come across this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff T. Larsen, PhD
Department of Psychology