E-Prime running on a Mac under Virtual PC?

Matthew Paul m.paul at bangor.ac.uk
Thu Jun 10 13:34:55 UTC 2004

Hi, that's the problem we had however I just got this reply from PST:

**NOTE: PST do NOT support the installation of E-Prime under VPC**

We have indefinitely suspended all development of the Mac version of E-Prime
due to porting issues that cannot be easily resolved. At this point, the
tools needed for porting are simply not available.

If you use E-Prime with the USB copy protection key, you can download the
"Mac" version of the hardware key driver (and then turn off hardware
acceleration if needed) to install under Virtual PC. The site
www.ealaddin.com/support/hasp/enduser.asp#latestdd will direct you to the
page where you can find the latest driver for your hardware and decide which
one to download.

Please keep in mind, however, that we do not offer support for E-Prime on
Virtual PC. Attempting to install and run under VirtualPC is unstable at
best, and PST does not support installation or use of the software under
this environment. We do stress that you cannot subject data collect on
Virtual PC, since it is emulated on the Mac. However, if you want to develop
on Virtual PC you can do so by using the hardware key driver above.