Displaying program on second monitor

David Hairston dhair at wfubmc.edu
Wed Mar 24 15:37:27 UTC 2004

Greetings all!
We have been running a 2-monior setup w/ E-prime for awhile and loving
it.  W/ Windows 2k and XP, if you have > 1 monitors, scripts run through
E-studio will default to running on the monitor designated as "primary"
w/in windows - in our case this leaves the editor open on the 2nd one to
get on-line feedback.  Anyhow, while setting up a new system, this is
more problematic - I need it to run on the *other* monitor, the one not
designated in Windows to be the primary (b/c windows puts all its
pop-ups etc on the Primary, which is not always visible in this setup).
Now, the cool drivers provided by nVidia (vid card manufacturer) have a
utility in which you can individualize settings for any program, so that
it will always open or execute on either monitor - you can specify an
executable, or even a class.  I've tried specifying the E-studio .exe;
this indeed opens E-studio in Monitor 2, but when the script is run, it
does so on Monitor 1 (windows primary).
Okay, so after all this, my question is - anybody know of an executable,
or a specific class, that is associated w/ the running script that the
drivers can pick up to run on the desired monitor?

Thanks folks!

W. David Hairston
Neurobiology and Anatomy

Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
(336) 716-4481 (lab)