refresh cycles and LCD

Henk Smit henk.smit at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Nov 23 14:38:57 UTC 2004

Another thing about LCD screens, in my experience, is that they either
1) produce a viewing area smaller than the actual screen, or
2) produce jaggered text/images due to low resolution.
Does anyone know why this does not happen on crt monitor? And maybe more
important: does anyone know how to avoid this, and have a normal
full-screen presentation of the stimuli in proper resolution?

Sorry if some of my lingo is not correct, but I'm sure you get the
picture :-)

Henk Smit
Bristol University

--