parallel port input

Leh Woon Mok mokx0002 at umn.edu
Tue Oct 5 18:40:10 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to collect input from an external device connected through the
parallel port via pins 15, 13, 12 and 10.

I have defined my port device as below:
address: 889
size: 8
invert: No
mask: -1

This worked on some computers but on some computers, I can only read from
pins 15 and 10 which gave me the hexadecimal outputs of 4 and 7, respectively.

Strangely enough, on those computers that can only read from pins 15 and
10, when the parallel port device is connected through the EPrime parallel
key (for single licenses), pin 12 worked as well, but I still can't read
from pin 13.

I hope someone could provide me with some insights as to what is happening.

Thanks much!

Regards,
Leh Woon