About "Admin Open" in E-DataAid

Tony Zuccolotto anthony.zuccolotto at pstnet.com
Wed Oct 20 12:44:49 UTC 2004

Chao,

If you look in the online Help in E-DataAid under "Admin Open" it documents the following...

"When E-DataAid is installed, its password is “Admin” without the quotes.  After installation, the Administrator should change it to something new."

There is other information there about this feature as well.

After you open an edat or emrg file as the administrator you can go
under File|File Security... and will get an interface that allows you to  set options of
	Hide name
	Hide data
	Disallow edits

which can be applied on a variable by variable basis if you choose.   You can use these features to help assure that data is never edited and/or assist in supporting a double blind study where you want to control which variables/values the rest of your staff are permitted to view.

Hope that helps,
Tony

*** DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF PSYCHOLOGY SOFTWARE TOOLS ***

Anthony P. Zuccolotto
Vice President and Chief Operations Officer
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
2050 Ardmore Boulevard
Suite 200
Pittsburgh, PA 15221-4610