eyetrackers

Paul Gr pauls_postbus at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 21 22:45:13 UTC 2005

hi ray,

Using EPrime together with Eyelink is possible, but only with reduced
functionality. The main problem is that it is not easy (or even impossible?)
to call eyelink DLL-functions from an EPrime script without running into
serious problems. For example, one compatibility issue is that some
important functions try to render graphics on the display (such as during
calibration calibrating), which is a problem since EPrime already switched
to DirectX graphics mode.

However, it is possible to create a one way communication link from the
EPrime computer to the Eyelink acquisition PC by using a special cable
between both printer ports. This cable makes it possible to simulate key
presses on the acquisition PC by sending some codes to the printer port. We
successfully ran some experiments this way. I still might have a copy of a
document somewhere, which describes how to setup such a configuration. Note
that calibration should be done with a separate utility before running the
EPrime script. Also, the one-way communication link doesn’t provide a
mechanism to return measurement information (at runtime) from the
acquisition PC to the stimulus PC. So, it is not possible to use the gaze
position in your eprime script.

best,
paul

Speel online games via MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.nl/