Multi-channel audio in E-Prime?

Steve Johnston s.johnston at bangor.ac.uk
Mon Aug 1 11:56:01 UTC 2005

Probably the best/easiest ways of doing this is to purchase something like a
creative sound blaster live card. It basically puts a software system in the
way of the playing software and the hardware so that you can modify any
playing sound. You could, and this is how we implemented a sound experiment,
play the sound in standard stereo (as far as eprime is concerned) and then
use the creative EAX system to upmix to 6.1 or whatever you want. Admittedly
it's not going to compete with hollywood movies for upmix quality, but if
you fiddle with the settings it is rather good and provides a convincing
surround sound effect.

Steve

-------

Dr Stephen Johnston