Yet Another Question: populating lists from files

Todd Thompson twthompson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 00:17:57 UTC 2005

Sorry to deluge the mailing list, but I have one more hopefully simple
ePrime question:

I want to run the same experiment six times, changing the stimuli with
each run. I'd like to populate my lists from one of the six input
files dynamically, depending on the run number.

Is this possible? Here are the things I tried that didn't work:
1) I set the list load method to File, then put a variable "[var]" in
the list filename field -- this gave an error message saying
"reference to attribute not permitted"
2) I left the list load method as embedded in the GUI, then created an
inline block of code that looked like this:
PassiveTrials.loadmethod = ebLoadMethodFile
PassiveTrials.filename = "PassiveBlock1.txt"
PassiveTrials.load
This ran my embedded list and ignored my attempts to load a new list.

I know I can solve this problem other ways (via nested lists, for
example), but I like being able to generate/maintain my stimuli
externally, if I'm working on a computer without ePrime installed.

Sorry if this is an overly simple question. I'm finding the ePrime
help files and documentation somewhat inadequate...

Thanks for any help,
Todd

----
Todd Thompson