button box

peter cheng pcheng at sfu.ca
Wed Jun 8 16:05:53 UTC 2005

Hi Folks:

I've seen a lot of requests about how to interface button boxes, voice
switch or external trigger to E-Prime, the simplest way to accomplish
this is to use a keyboard encoder, it is an electronic device that
simulates a keyboard presses, you connect the switch to the keyboard
encoder and E-Prime thinks it's just a key press, any hardware device
other than the response box from E-Prime requires some scripting to
interface to E-Prime. The one I have used is from
www.ultimar.com/ipac1.html, it has 28 inputs, connect to USB port and
cost $39.

Cheers!