A couple of questions -reading the instructions really helps

Tony Zuccolotto anthony.zuccolotto at pstnet.com
Wed Jun 15 13:58:25 UTC 2005

Hi Eddie,

Note that using List.TerminateCondition = TimedSeconds(30) will
basically tell the list to not start another trial after 30 seconds.
However, it has no control over what happens once a trial has started,
i.e. the list will only check this condition at the beginning of a trial
and once started would not suddenly terminate a trial midway through if
the 30 seconds happened to expire at that point.

For many paradigms this is acceptable and you don't want the current
trial to terminate until complete, for others that need a more precise
termination you will probably have to insert script to periodically call
Clock.Read to get the millisecond time count and then abort the current
trial once a time limit is passed, e.g. in pseudo code...

Dim g_nEndTime As Long	' global variable to hold end time of current
timed sequence

' In an inline at the appropriate place in the experiment before the
sequence begins
g_nEndTime = Clock.Read + 30000 	' end time = current time + 30
seconds

' In an inline within the trial
If Clock.Read >= g_nEndTime Then

	' tells the list not to start another trial
	MyList.Terminate

	' log some indication in the data file that this trial was
incomplete
	c.SetAttrib "Status", "timeout"
	c.Log					' log the current
(partial) trial

	Exit Sub		' Exit the current procedure immediately
End If

Note, the above script assumes that MyList is the List object that is
currently running and thus the Inline could only be used within
Procedures called from the MyList.   You can make this script more
generic and portable by determining at runtime the name of the currently
running list by examining the "Running" attribute which indicates the
name of the currently running list and then looking up the List object
and terminating it.

' In an inline within the trial
If Clock.Read >= g_nEndTime Then

	' Get a reference to the currently running list object
	Dim objList As FactorSpace
	Set objList = GetFactorSpaceByName(c.GetAttrib("Running"))

	' tell the currently running list to terminate
    	objList.Terminate

	' log some indication in the data file that this trial was
incomplete
	c.SetAttrib "Status", "timeout"
	c.Log					' log the current
(partial) trial

	Exit Sub		' Exit the current procedure immediately
End If

Hope that helps,
Tony

Anthony P. Zuccolotto