processing eprime data

Michael J. Crowley michael.crowley at yale.edu
Thu Jun 23 21:09:36 UTC 2005

Dear List,

I'm wondering how much preprocessing people are doing in edata aid before going
to a stat package.  I've seen that most postings reflect programming issues and
I'm wondering how people are processing their data, post-collection from edata
aid. I'm hoping that his post will open this for discussion.

Because data is stored trial variable by block, there are many null data values.
 Is there any ideal way for handling this in edata aid?

Also, some of the data we've opted to store, in retrospect, are irrelevant.  Is
their a way to batch process files in edata aid to drop irrelevant variables?

Thank you for all your responses.  If there is a good response to this post, I
will compile the feedback for the list.

best wishes,

Mike Crowley

Michael J. Crowley, Ph.D.
Yale Child Study Center
230 South Frontage Rd.
New Haven, CT 06520

Please be aware that email communication can be
intercepted in transmission or misdirected. Please
consider communicating any sensitive information
by telephone, fax or mail. The information
contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential. If you are NOT the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately
with a copy to hipaa.security at yale.edu and destroy
this message.