E-Prime 2.0 Data Features

Jordan Bigio j-bigio at northwestern.edu
Wed Jun 29 15:22:18 UTC 2005

I agree with Ben. I don't use the text files much, but if we had to quit an
experiment, a usable edat file would be great.

Jordan

At 09:52 AM 6/29/2005 -0400, Ben Robinson wrote:
>it seems like the formatting of the text file data file could be improved
>dramatically in future versions of eprime.
>if for any reason a program quits before having a chance to make a .edat
>file, it would be nice to have a more useable trial-by-trial recording of
>what went on.  something that, in a pinch, could be opened in excel and
>understood.
>
>ben robinson
>research asst.

>The last couple weeks had a number of threads in
>relation to data handling in E-Prime.  The recent
>E-Prime 2.0 Feature Survey placed its emphasis on many
>of the design and implementation features and did not
>focus on any data handling improvements for E-Merge
>and E-DataAid.
>
>Please feel free to discuss any items you would like
>to see for E-Prime 2.0 in regards to E-Merge and
>E-DataAid.
>
>Improvements to export in general?
>Improvements to export to Excel?
>Improvements to export to SPSS?
>Improvements to export to XML?
>
>PST is certainly not going to try to reinvent the
>stats wheel and understand there are many stats
>packages available and exporting to them is intended.
>Are there any areas where E-Merge or E-DataAid could
>be improved to make it so that bouncing in-between
>packages would be reduced?
>

>-Brandon

><http://mail.yahoo.com>http://mail.yahoo.com

Jordan D. Bigio, B.A.
Project Coordinator
Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Northwestern University
2240 N. Campus Dr., Frances Searle Building, Rm. 2-342
Evanston, IL 60208
Phone: 847-491-3647