E-Prime 2.0 Data Features

Paul Gr pauls_postbus at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 18:32:28 UTC 2005

I don’t agree on this point. The raw text output is just flat and
chronological version of the information collected during the experiment.
All attributes and their values are mentioned line-by-line and the
hierarchical structure of the experiment is translated by levels and
indentation. The dynamic nature of this information doesn't allow it to be
formatted in a flat table such as in E-DataAid during the test because the
column structure isn't known at the start of the experiment. For unexpected
script terminations you can always use E-Recovery to rescue any data
recorded so far, so you will probably never have to interpret the text files
yourself. And if your experiment has different output requirements (such as
tracking and recording mouse positions during the test), you can always
write your own custom output file by using minor scripting.

In short: E-DataAid is such a great and powerful tool for filtering and
translating complete data sets that you will only want to use the raw text
files for backup purposes.

paul groot
VU Amsterdam