Recommend a beginner's book for Visual Basic

Leisha Wharfield leisha at decisionresearch.org
Wed Jun 29 18:51:03 UTC 2005

What helped for me when I started out learning Dbase was that I found an
author who wrote in easy-to-understand English, even though he published
huge manuals that allowed me to figure out how to do whatever I needed
to do. I had a programmer tutor me once. He brought a small, sample
program and explained to me how it worked. After that, I just took the
manual & went for it.

My advice is to have your student peruse the available manuals and
decide which is easiest for her to understand. Something with easy
lessons, where she can copy in or download sample programs would be great.

The Eprime tutorial is good for that, too, I agree. There's no fast way;
it's learning a language.

Leisha