Slide state objects and triggering

Don.Rojas at UCHSC.edu Don.Rojas at UCHSC.edu
Fri Mar 4 14:57:01 UTC 2005

A combination of the two options works beautifully (i.e., inline code to
set trigger to be enabled depending on which slide state is active).
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: eprime at mail.talkbank.org [mailto:eprime at mail.talkbank.org] On
Behalf Of Paul Gr
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:13 PM
To: Rojas Don; eprime at mail.talkbank.org
Subject: RE: Slide state objects and triggering

Don,

One thing you can do is to move your OnsetSignalEnabled initialization
code
to an inline script which is placed just before the slide you mention.
Inside this script you can configure the trigger code according to the
current state:

Select Case Slide1.ActiveState
   Case "State1"
      Slide1.OnsetSignalEnabled = true
      Slide1.OnsetSignalPort = &H378
      Slide1.OnsetSignalData = 12

   Case "State2"
      Slide1.OnsetSignalEnabled = false
End Select

Another possibility is to add another attribute to your triallist
('TriggerCode') to hold the numeric trigger value, and then use this
attribute to set the OnsetSignal properties. A value of zero would
disable
the trigger in this example:

Dim someCode as Integer
someCode = CInt(c.GetAttrib("TriggerCode"))
if someCode<>0 then
      Slide1.OnsetSignalEnabled = true
      Slide1.OnsetSignalPort = &H378
      Slide1.OnsetSignalData = someCode
else
      Slide1.OnsetSignalEnabled = false
end if

I would prefer to use the latter option because it works with all
RteRunnableInputObject objects, not only with slides. Also, this way the

trigger codes is more explicitly available in you triallist and data
output.

best,
paul groot