increasing stimulus presentation times

Ms Emma WHITING e.whiting at uq.edu.au
Mon Mar 14 02:56:20 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to make up a visual nonword repetition task (similar to a digit span task). I'm planning to show subjects nonwords of increasing length (ie., 1 syllable nonwords, then 2 syllable nonwords, then 3 syllable nonwords etc). I was wondering if anyone knows how to increase the length of the stimulus presentation time for each block of trials within the experiment so that the subjects see the one syllable words for one second, then the two syllable words for two seconds, then the three syllable words for three seconds and so on.

Thanks for your time,
Emma Whiting