timeLimit in object

Yoav Bar Anan baranan at post.tau.ac.il
Tue Mar 15 13:24:52 UTC 2005

Hi all,

In my experiment I set the "Time Limit" of a waitObject to "infinite" and the "duration" to 0, and that way I can continue to the next inline script object. In this script I play sound files in a loop that waits until the waitObject.Resp is not "" (i.e until a response). However, it seems that the timing of the response is not accurate.
I wanted to see whether it is the sound-playing that disturbs the accurate time-recording, so I replaced it with a simple "sleep(550)" line. The timing of the response is still not accurate. When I reduce the time of the sleep (e.g. "sleep(10)") the inaccuracy shrinks.
Maybe I should somehow set the waitObject to accept the response in parallel to the continuation of the script. Does anyhow has an idea how?

Thanks,
Yoav

P.S.
for your convenience here is the script:
while ww.RESP = ""
    sleep(550)
wend