Statistical functions with E-Basic?

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes at hal-pc.org
Tue Mar 15 20:21:50 UTC 2005

Hello all, I've created a E-prime task that I would like to report
summary statistics after running such as Discrminability. A key
function to accomplish this would be a lookup for the z and ordinal
statistics value for a given p. The table for me to implement this
myself would consist of me keying in 300 normal distribution entries.
This is something that I would rather not do because most importantly,
the possibility of inaccuracy. I have talked to E-prime's technical
support people and they are unable to help me with this. They are
saying that the underlying Basic that they have licensed from a
different company doesn't have these functions which I find odd.
E-prime mysteriously includes a number of financial calculation
functions such as mortgage calculations, but no basic statistic
functions? Possible solutions I have are ugly:

1) Implement it myself -- possible inaccuracies, tedious, maintenance
is an issue.
2) Use DDE functions to try to hook Excel into calculating it -- Not
sure this is possible with the limited command set available.

Does anyone have ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks,

-- IV