Weird file problem

Eddie Dubourg eddie at ling.ed.ac.uk
Thu Mar 31 11:16:13 UTC 2005

It's a bit of an irritation though, not to have sanity checking on the input
- if it's a file open, which it will be since it's in a placeholder for
files, it shouldn't parse the regular expressions - it's certainly not
windows cfd behaviour.

Since an average experiment of ours contains 2000 files, I tend to use a
script which pipes a directory listing into a text file, which I can then
open with excel and copy and paste the full path information into the list
object.

I'll write a macro to replace all instances of \ with either \\ or /, but
it's still a nuisance.

Thanks for all the replies