presenting video stimuli in e-prime

Robbie Cooper r.m.cooper at stir.ac.uk
Wed May 4 14:50:45 UTC 2005

I am a new user to e-prime and new to this list so apologies if these
questions have been discussed before.

1)  I wish to display short video clips (about 1000ms).  What is the
best way to achieve this in e-prime?

2) These video clips would appear centrally.  However, I would also like
to display a probe (a letter) in one of 4 locations in the periphery of
the display.  These probes would appear with different onset times
relative to the beginning of each video clip (e.g video clip starts and
then a probe appears 200ms/500ms/800ms afterwards and thus while the
video is still playing.

3) The dependent variable in this study would be the reaction time to
the probe as a function of the video content.  My final question is
about timing.  How much timing accuracy do you sacrifice if you are
displaying videos and collecting RTs simultaneously?  My testing machine
has a 3GHz processor.

If anyone has any help or advice I would be most grateful!

Robbie Cooper
PhD Research Student
Face Perception Lab
Department of Psychology
University of Stirling
Stirling
FK9 4LA
UK
+44 (0)1786 466375

Behalf
> Of Brian MacWhinney
> Sent: 18 April 2005 10:29 pm
> To: eprime at mail.talkbank.org
> Subject: Re: Eprime Version 2.0
>
> Jacob,
>
>     For most of the year, the website has said that 2.0 is due in
Summer

--
The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by
charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA.  Privileged/Confidential Information may