Copy objects from one experiment to another?

Paul Gr pauls_postbus at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 30 21:23:16 UTC 2005

Leisha,

Unfortunately none of the options you mention (copying between es-documents
or starting another script from a running experiment) are possible with the
current release of EPrime. However, it is possible to run several scripts as
one sequence by using a simple batch file. To prevent entering the startup
attributes at the start of each script, you could use a small utility called
E-Kick, which is available from http://step.psy.cmu.edu/scripts-plus. There
is another reason why it is not always possible to combine several scripts
into one large one: the basic interpreter has some limitations concerning
the size of the script. (See also topic 1300 of the EPrime support knowledge
base: http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/kb.asp?TopicID=1300)

When you would like to pass runtime information from one script to the
other, you could save and reload the required values by using a so called
ini-file (see WriteIni and ReadIni functions for details.)

best,
paul groot