Eprime on Windows XP recap

Leisha Wharfield leisha at decisionresearch.org
Tue Oct 25 19:20:18 UTC 2005

Dear Mr. Pettibone,

I don't think you need to create another procedure, because you can nest
block lists within each other. Of course you could create an attribute
at a higher level than the procedure that runs your 20 sets times three
stimuli, then that attribute wouldn't quit with the procedure, or write
some in-line script to keep it going, but I randomize stimuli across
different procedures by nesting a block list in the other lists that
need to choose from it. Yes, it's very basic in Eprime.

Create a list that just includes your three stimuli, set it to select
randomly, then nest it in every other block list that needs to use it by
entering its name in the Nested column. You'll see that new list appear
in the structure just beneath each block list you associate it with.

Leisha Wharfield
Decision Research
Eugene, Oregon, USA