nested lists

Tony Zuccolotto anthony.zuccolotto at pstnet.com
Tue Aug 1 13:24:00 UTC 2006

Felix,

If you want to assure a full & controlled crossing of those factors then
you should do the full crossing in a single list and not use nesting.
With nesting, each list is sampled independently so (depending on when
reshuffles/resets occur within the sampling) you cannot guarantee that
all combinations of attributes will be hit.

I recommend you take a look at the Factor Table Wizard spreadsheet that
is located in the E-Prime program group on the Start menu.  Using this
utility you can define each factor and its levels independently and then
have the wizard do the full crossing for you.   You can then copy/paste
the cells from the spreadsheet into a List object within E-Prime.   This
process will save you a lot of typing and potential errors when you have
a lot of factors or factors with a lot of levels.

Hope that helps,
Tony

Anthony P. Zuccolotto
President and Chief Executive Officer