General Question on Porting E-Prime experiments

Sudevan, Padmanabhan psudevan at uwsp.edu
Wed Aug 2 16:56:17 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I have a general question on porting a run-time version of an E-Prime
experiment. I am giving a talk next week at a conference and, along with
the usual information given in a talk about experiments, I would like to
have available a working version of the experiments on my Thinkpad
laptop, so that I can show what the trials look like, or have colleagues
try their hand at the experiment after the talk if they wish to do so.
My talk is PowerPoint-based.

Now, my plan is to treat the laptop like another subject station machine
and load the Run version of E-prime on it, with the hardware key in the
laptop for this initial loading. Will this work? Or do I need to have
the entire E-Prime software suite on my laptop? Once this is done, can I
avoid taking the hardware key ( just as in the lab machines )? Lastly,
is this the best way to proceed, or is there some simpler way? Any
advice will be welcome.

P Sudevan
Professor and Chair
Department of Psychology