problem with c.GetAttrib function and RT data

Nicole Strang nstrang at wisc.edu
Fri Aug 25 20:17:23 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to have a running average of a participants reaction time so
that the duration of a trial can be adjusted based on a subjects
performance. I think I know how to do this, however I am unable to get the
RT data. One issue that I thought may be a problem is that the RT data comes
from an object with an infinite duration, however when I look at a data file
the RT data appears to be completely appropriate. What I have right now
(although I have tried a number of different approaches) is in the user tab
I define my variable
dim nSingleRT as long

'In an inline prior to the beginning of the block
nSingleRT=0

'In an inline at the very end of the trial
nSingleRT=c.GetAttrib("Math.RT")
Debug.Print nSingleRT

In the debug tab I get all zeros. I have tried using the summation function,
but had no more success. To try and better ascertain the nature of the
problem, I replace Math.RT with MathList and the attributes were collected
without any problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much!
Nicole
--
Nicole Strang