pause during trial session

Epstein Jody jae2924 at louisiana.edu
Fri Feb 3 18:38:45 UTC 2006

I am using a touch screen for my experiment, but will ocassionally need to pause the session in order to clean the touch screen. I would like to be able to simply touch a button on the keyboard to pause the session, then touch it again to continue where we left off.

So  far we have been able to set up a situation where the program goes to a solid red screen before each trial in the session. Currently it's necessary to touch the keyboard to get it to continue to the next trial each time. This is not good. When we tried to write code so that the program would simply check to see if there had been keyboard input, it caused the program to crash. We can no longer open that particular experiment as each time we tried it came up as "not responding." Any suggestions for code that would allow us to interrupt the session when we touch the keyboard, and only when we touch the keyboard?

Thanks!!!!
Jody