Blank screen during presentation of E-Prime experiment on projector

David Hairston dhair at wfubmc.edu
Thu Jul 27 15:46:44 UTC 2006

So is it safe to assume that the only difference between when it "works"
and when this occurs is the use of the 2nd video out on the laptop? AKA,
it is the same laptop, same program in the same location, etc? Is there
ANY other equipment plugged into the laptop when you are running the
fMRI?

If so, my first suspicion would be something between the drivers for the
video card and the projector.
Try and run it w/ some other random monitor, see if it continues to
occur. That will isolate whether it is related to *that* projector (AKA
some weird driver issue) or is more related to the dual-video functions
of the ATI card.
Q - is the output to the projector a "clone" of the laptop display, or
an extension of it?