Setting complex sound file name in SoundOut object

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon Jul 31 21:20:48 UTC 2006

Hello List,

    I'm a new user, and I've run into a problem that must have a simple
solution ... although I haven't been able to find it. Specifically, I am
using a SoundOut object to play a wav file for each trial; the wav file
to be played is defined as a trial attribute in the trial list. If I set
the SoundOut object Filename field to [prime], there is no problem.

    However, when I place my wav files in a separate directory, and I
set the SoundOut Filename to something like
"C:\stimuli\auditory\[prime]", I get a compile error at the following line:

primeSoundBuffer.Filename = C:\\stimuli\\auditory\[prime")

   Note that the line of code has been corrupted (double backslash on
the end missing, double quote inserted, square bracket changed to right
parenthesis). I've tried a few variations on this, but the only thing
that I have gotten working is (1) a completely fixed path wav filename,
and (2) using only the attribute -- which forces all of the wav files to
be located in my experimental directory.

   I've run out of ideas. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

-Jim

--
Jim Nikelski, Ph.D.