Please help a new user

Abramson, Anna Anna_Abramson at brown.edu
Thu Jun 22 18:35:49 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,
I am very glad that this discussion list exists because I am a research assistant trying very hard to learn as much as possible and get some e-prime experiments underway! I greatly appreciate any help.

My question is this:
How can I devise a way for the subject to use the mouse to click a number on the screen--for instance, ideally there would be a vertical display bar going from 1 "not at all" to 5 "very much" (some sort of Likert scale). The subject would use the mouse to click their choice and that click would be saved for the experimenters to look at later.
Or: another option is to enable the mouse to scroll up or down and have higher or lower numbers appear on the screen accordingly. In other words, they would scroll up to get to higher numbers, down for lower numbers, and when they settled on their choice it would be saved.
Or if you know of a method that would essentially achieve the same results Id be interested!
Even if you just know a piece of how to do this, maybe I can piece it together.
I'm a new user so explicit instructions appreciated...!
Thank you so much --t's great that researchers can help each other out like this

Anna Abramson
Research assisant, UC-Berkeley Psychology and Neuroscience
Brown University, Psychology