NuAmps drops samples

Peter Quain pquain at une.edu.au
Fri Jun 23 02:03:45 UTC 2006

good diagnostics (I think...). Only place it can be is a) Nuamps or
b) faulty USB drivers (fromScan) causing sample loss at the
acquisition computer.

We'd like some timing data from a few other systems (any Neuroscan
amps, not just NuAmps) to check against our own. So if anybody is
interested get in touch and I'll send along a test paradigm. Takes 20
mins to loop through 310 trials. Do a couple of runs, then send along
the output files (*.edat from e-prime, *.ev2 from *.cnt) and I'll
send back some diagnostic output.

At 11:39 AM 23/06/2006, you wrote:
>How do you know that it isn't the eprime/stimulus computer that is
>the problem?  Or, put another way, how are you certain that the
>samples are dropped?  We've certainly observed missed triggers
>before, but usually it is because the trigger duration was too short
>relative to the sampling rate.

Peter Quain
School of Psychology
University of New England