problem with summation object

Rob Hester hesterr at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Mar 7 05:42:03 UTC 2006

To the mailing list,

I have been successfully using the summation object script (available on
the e-prime website) to collect and average the number of correct responses
from 100 trials, but I was wondering whether it is possible to alter the
format of the summation objects presentation. Using the script I have, when
printed to screen I appear to get nearly 10 decimal places. Is it possible
to limit it to 2 decimal places.

The script I have has three inline scripts:
The first:
'This initiates the Summation object, OverallAcc, so that it
'may be referenced within the experiment.
Set OverallAcc = New Summation

The second (placed after the textdisplayobject):
'The AddObservation command adds the ACC value of object
'StimulusPresentation to the Summation object, OverallAcc.
OverallAcc.AddObservation c.GetAttrib ("StimulusPresentation.ACC")

'The Debug.Print command prints the mean value of the Summation
'object, OverallAcc, in the Output window.
Debug.Print OverallAcc.Mean

'The OverallACC attribute adds the running calculation of overall
'accuracy to the data file at the trial level.
c.SetAttrib "OverallAcc", OverallAcc.Mean

The third:
'This sets the attribute, OverallAcc at the block level,
'and multiplies it by 100 to display as a percentage.
c.SetAttrib "OverallAcc", OverallAcc.Mean*100

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Rob

Dr Rob Hester