Sending triggers: how to best invoke them?

J. Scott Saults saultsj at missouri.edu
Mon Oct 2 19:29:44 UTC 2006

Since I don't see it, I'm afraid that I failed to send the message
with my code to the group , as I'd intended. (I might have just sent
it to Fabrizio.) Anyway, my initial idea for sending a realtime
response code was to run the following inline code (below)
immediately after presentation of a 200 ms Target (with a 150 ms
prerelease and a 2000 ms response interval.), which is then followed
by a 500 ms mask. I'm wondering whether the write port on termination
is better.

---------------------------
Dim keyboardMask As InputMask
Dim keyPending As Boolean
Dim responseOutData as Integer
Dim responseAccData as Integer
Dim kACC As Integer
WritePort &H378, 0
keyPending = True
sleep 10 'To reset the port - Could be done earlier elsewhere)
Set keyboardMask = Target.InputMasks(1)

Do While keyPending = keyboardMask.IsPending()
Loop

kACC = keyboardMask.ACC
responseOutData = c.GetAttrib("responseOutData")
responseAccData = kACC + responseOutData
WritePort &H378, responseAccData

Thanks.
J scott Saults